Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Grunting and Rolling

Anna had a very adventurous day today with two big "firsts"! She went to daycare for the first time and rolled over from her back to her tummy for the first time! Daycare went well - Martin just dropped her off for a few hours so he could run some errands and she liked it a lot. They had her in a swing so she just hung out and watched the other kids play. Martin said she wasn't all that excited to go back home so that's a good sign that she'll be happy there! She's very social so I think she'll like the interaction with the other kids and our daycare provider.

I was making supper and Martin was in the kitchen talking to me and we could hear Anna grunting and grunting in the living room. I had put her on her back on the floor and when we went out there to check on her, she was on her side and was MAD that she couldn't roll over on her tummy. Anna was swinging her arms, kicking her legs, grunting, and threw in a few screams for fun. Then all of the sudden she rolled over on her tummy! Yea Anna! She was very content to be there, which was surprising because she is typically not a fan of tummy time at all. Anna had rolled from her tummy to her back at 7 weeks so it'll be interesting to see if she starts rolling a little more consistently.

We'll post some more pictures soon! And Happy Birthday to Kyra today!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

When I saw Grunting and I thought maybe it was a post about Martin!